Friday, April 15, 2016

Basic Information (to be improved with your comments)

Greetings.  Although I have used Hope Chest for a year, I am not as experienced as my brother, Norman Shipp, in Idaho.  We learn from the each other's experiences. Please share experiences, questions, answers, and discussion.  Richard Shipp and Andrea Shipp Dewsnup are power users.

I've recently told 30 people (temple and ward) about our blogspot and the tremendous potential using Hope Chest (with checking each ancestor/relative moved from Hope Chest to your temple tab of FamilySearch.org) and will suggest they browse the following pages on HopeChestSoftware.com ::






Basically, you can search back on your FamilySearch.org (tree) and select an ancestor to use HopeChest to go further back or come down to desendants of ancestors and bring people needing temple ordinances into your personal hope-chest.  You can then move them over one at a time. 

So instead of finding people one at a time, you find 100, 200, 300 at a time.

To begin, you should pay for the modern tool (for us it is an extention of Google Chrome, but there afre other platforms supported) which is a $10 one-time-charge, and then download to begin.  First, browse the links to understand concepts and procedures.  

8 comments:

  1. I've been using Hope Chest for a couple of years now and have sent close to 100,000 ordinance reservations of my ancestors to the temple. We teach it's use in our Stake during 2nd hour on Sunday as part of our FamilySearch Jump Start class. We've seen a wonderful increase of the number of people taking their own ordinances to the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Brian; That is so awesome, instructive, and inspiring (tears in my eyes!) They will greet us, cheer us, and boost us up on their shoulders; and we will be so pleased to see and hug them also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our sister, Marilyn Shipp Miner, and her awesome family are also power users. We have such a rich ancestry/heritage -- we all do. Can we even appreciate what ancestors have done for us, and what they have given us? Truly! Jane Shipp Hogan is also awesome: keeping family history up to date and doing indexing and research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have used "Hope Chest" for quite some time and found that before I share with the temple, I share with my siblings and children. Those who feel they are either too busy or too afraid of the computer can still benefit from my sharing with them and do family names when they go to the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When using Hope Chest in conjunction with the Help Others feature in FamilySearch, Hope Chest searches my family tree rather than the person I am helping. Am I doing something wrong? If so, a tutorial or step-by-step would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my name is Claire Lynch. I am preparing names of my family members and Norman Shipp, Marilyn Shipp Miner and Melanie Shipp have reserved the names of my family members, Matthew and Catherine Savage Carey-my great-great grandparents; my great grandparents James and Elizabeth Skinkle Carey and sealing my great grandmother Rose Clapper Bartlett to her parents. I cannot figure out the connection between the Shipp-Miner families and my family members.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If our families are not connected, I would like the names to be released so that I can complete my family ordinances. I hope you can help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have use hope chest for year but it has stopped saving names. it runs the program but names that need to be saved are skipped over. can you please correct it for me. thank you ,george keller ,drk4997@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete